Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

file list cannot handle a few thousand files in Confluence 5.2

neil walker July 17, 2013

Hello,

I've uploaded about 2500 files to a file list. When I try to view them in the page using the standard attachment macro my browser (any browser) is crippled for about 10 minutes with 100% cpu usage and massive amounts of memory usage. After that when all files are listed it cannot scroll properly and it's almost impossible to page up and down the list.

I wouldn't have thought 2500 entries was particularly large and I couldn't find any obvious way of creating folder structures either for file lists.

Is there a way to make this a bit faster or is there a better macro for attachments that allow paging?

2 answers

0 votes

Hello,

Thanks for the reply. This is hosted on an Atlassian server. Is that plugin available to hosted sites and does it allow paging? as in if the attachments macro does not allow paging (and you can't have folders in attachments) what happens if you have far more than a few thousand files?

Possibly the problem is the macro is loading all the additional information and not just the basic stuff then asynchronously getting the details when you click on the expand button?

0 votes
Bruna Griebeler
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 17, 2013

Have you tried to use Attachment Display Plugin?

If the issue persists with this plugin, you may check if your Confluence are not running into memory issues. This can be founmd on Confluence logs.

Check here of how to increase memory for JDK, on your Confluence Server:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Configuring+System+Properties

Thanks for the reply. This is hosted on an Atlassian server. Is that plugin available to hosted sites and does it allow paging? as in if the attachments macro does not allow paging (and you can't have folders in attachments) what happens if you have far more than a few thousand files?

Possibly the problem is the macro is loading all the additional information and not just the basic stuff then asynchronously getting the details when you click on the expand button?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events