exporting a confluence page with gliffy diagrams causes a 'down for maintenence' screen to appear

David Kanenwisher December 20, 2012

I have a page in Confluence with two gliffy diagrams. When I try to export the page to PDF using the command under the 'Tools' button my browser loads for a few minutes then the Atlassian 'down for maintenence' screen appears and my PDF never gets generated.

When this first happened I thought Confluence had completely crashed. It turned out I was able to return to Confluence using my OnDemand url. Then continue using Confluence as usual, as long as I didn't try to export that page as a PDF.

3 answers

0 votes
AlysonA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 2, 2013

Thanks David, if it's happening to a single page, I'm suspecting that the Gliffy plugin may be conflicting with another macro being used in this very same page. Can you see anything suspicious in the atlassian-confluence.log?

You can do a quick test by removing some of the macros being used in the page and attempt an export again.

David Kanenwisher January 7, 2013

I have the on demand JIRA and Confluence, how do I look at the log file?

0 votes
AlysonA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 2, 2013

Hi David,

Is this happening to all pages that have Gliffy diagram(s)? If so, there may be an issue with the plugin version perhaps, can you try upgrading it if possible to see if the problem persists?

Alternatively, you may wish to contact Gliffy Support to see if they have opened any known bug regarding this behavior.

Cheers.

David Kanenwisher January 2, 2013

Currently, it's only happening on a single confluence page. I'll check with Gliffy support to see if they know anything about it.

0 votes
Rodrigo Girardi Adami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 23, 2012

Hi David,

Can you confirm this happens with only pages that contains Gliffy diagrams? If the issue only occurs with pages that contains Gliffy, this might be a problem with the plugin itself. In this case I suggest to open a ticket with Gliffy as they are the plugin vendor and can assist you better.

Otherwise, you might want to open a ticket to Atlassian support and we can investigate this issue.

Regards,

Rodrigo

David Kanenwisher December 30, 2012

I actually created this as a ticket with Atlassian support. When I did so the support system really wanted me to post a question on Atlassian Answers, so I thought I'd give it a shot. They've spent some time looking at it but no definitive answer has come out of it yet.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events