Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error in rendering the webPanel in the confluence page

Sushma October 9, 2019

Hi Support

I am getting the below error when I restarted the confluence Server(I was doing customization to the confluence page using a third party tool called Script Runner).

Error rendering WebPanel (com.atlassian.confluence.plugins.confluence-dashboard:dashboard-server-side-soy/DashboardTemplates.App.serverSideLayout): Could not find custom mapper jackson2soy for class class com.atlassian.confluence.api.model.web.WebItemView

I had gone through the below link

https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/error-rendering-webpanel-no-renderer-found-for-resource-type-300814261.html

I tried with both resolutions but no luck .We are using the inbuilt database(embedded db h2 )

1.With the First resolution

I followed the first procedure i.e I added the -Datlassian.plugins.enable.wait=300

argument to Java properties in the setenv.sh file. Then I restarted the server.But No luck

2.With the Second resolution

[root@inblrvyd lib]# java -cp h2-1.3.176.jar org.h2.tools.Shell

Welcome to H2 Shell 1.3.176 (2014-04-05)
Exit with Ctrl+C
[Enter] jdbc:h2:~/test
URL jdbc:h2:/var/atlassian/application-data/confluence/database/h2db
[Enter] org.h2.Driver
Driver org.h2.Driver
[Enter]
User sa
[Enter] Hide
Password
Password
Connected
Commands are case insensitive; SQL statements end with ';'
help or ? Display this help
list Toggle result list / stack trace mode
maxwidth Set maximum column width (default is 100)
autocommit Enable or disable autocommit
history Show the last 20 statements
quit or exit Close the connection and exit

sql> SELECT BANDANAVALUE FROM BANDANA WHERE BANDANAKEY = 'plugin.manager.state.Map';
BANDANAVALUE
<map>
<entry>
<string>de.scandio.confluence.plugins.pocketquery</string>
<boolean>false</boolean>
</entry>
<entry>
<string>confluence.macros.html:html-xhtml</string>
<boolean>true</boolean>
</entry>
<entry>
<string>confluence.macros.html:html</string>
<boolean>true</boolean>
</entry>
</map>
(1 row, 21 ms)

As you can see , BANDANAVALUE not containing the below lines which are expected to be deleted.

<entry>
  <string>confluence.web.panel.renderers</string>
  <boolean>false</boolean>
</entry>

I am really confused .Both the solutions are not working

Please someone help me to resolve this bottleneck.

The error page looks like this

error2.PNG

in the developer tool also there is no error

error3.PNG

The logs in the home directory :

[plugin.web.model.ResourceTemplateWebPanel] writeHtml Error rendering WebPanel (com.atlassian.confluence.plugins.confluence-dashboard:dashboard-server-side-soy/DashboardTemplates.App.serverSideLayout): Could not find custom mapper jackson2soy for class class com.atlassian.confluence.api.model.web.WebItemView
-- referer: http://<baseUrl>/index.action | url: / | traceId: a3bba50137de32cc | userName: sushma | action: dashboard
com.atlassian.plugin.web.renderer.RendererException: Could not find custom mapper jackson2soy for class class com.atlassian.confluence.api.model.web.WebItemView
at com.atlassian.soy.impl.webpanel.SoyWebPanelRenderer.render(SoyWebPanelRenderer.java:39)
at com.atlassian.plugin.web.model.ResourceTemplateWebPanel.writeHtml(ResourceTemplateWebPanel.java:50)
at com.atlassian.plugin.web.model.ResourceTemplateWebPanel.getHtml(ResourceTemplateWebPanel.java:65)
at com.atlassian.plugin.web.descriptors.DefaultWebPanelModuleDescriptor$ContextAwareWebPanel.getHtml(DefaultWebPanelModuleDescriptor.java:144)
at com.atlassian.confluence.plugin.descriptor.web.ConfluenceWebInterfaceManager$ExceptionHandlingWebPanel.getHtml(ConfluenceWebInterfaceManager.java:110)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor535.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
at org.apache.velocity.util.introspection.UberspectImpl$VelMethodImpl.doInvoke(UberspectImpl.java:385)
at org.apache.velocity.util.introspection.UberspectImpl$VelMethodImpl.invoke(UberspectImpl.java:374)

.So on.....

Caused by: com.atlassian.soy.renderer.SoyException: Could not find custom mapper jackson2soy for class class com.atlassian.confluence.api.model.web.WebItemView
at com.atlassian.soy.impl.data.AtlassianSoyCustomValueConverter.findMapper(AtlassianSoyCustomValueConverter.java:88)
at com.atlassian.soy.impl.data.AtlassianSoyCustomValueConverter.convert(AtlassianSoyCustomValueConverter.java:56)

. so on.....

I am getting the above errors in the logs

And I cleared the below directories from the home directory :

<confluence-home>/bundled-plugins
<confluence-home>/plugins-cache
<confluence-home>/plugins-osgi-cache
<confluence-home>/plugins-temp
<confluence-home>/bundled-plugins_language

But NO LUCK........

Please help me ....................

Regards 

Sushma

1 answer

0 votes
Sushma October 10, 2019

soy.PNGThe system plugin "Confluence Dashboard Plugin " is enabled and "Server-side Soy Template" module is also enabled.

Any help would be appreciable...

Thanks in advance

Kind Regards

Sushma

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events