Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email notification in user macro

cherie heiberg June 1, 2015

I created a user macro that can be used to mark the status of a proposal. At my workplace, a proposal needs to be seen by several people during various stages of its development. I've added a username parameter to the macro so that the creator of the proposal can add the usernames of the people involved in the approval process.

However, the email notification functionality doesn't work. Is there anything that I've done in my code that would cause it to stop working? Is there anything I can do to make it work? The lack of notification would render the entire macro moot. 

Here is my code:

## @param Creator:title=creators|type=username|required=true|multiple=true
## @param Lead:title=leads|type=username|required=false|multiple=true
## @param Reviewers:title=reviewers|type=username|required=false|multiple=true
## @param Drivers:title=drivers|type=username|required=false|multiple=true

<ul>
<li><strong>Creator:</strong><br>
#foreach($user in $paramCreator.split("[,]+"))
    <form action="reviewer status">
    <input type="checkbox"><ac:link><ri:user ri:username="$user" /></ac:link><br>
    </form>
#end
<li><strong>Owners:</strong><br>
#if( $paramLead )
    #foreach($user in $paramLead.split("[,]+"))
    </form>
    #end
#end
<li><strong>Reviewers:</strong><br>
#if( $paramReviewers )
    #foreach($user in $paramReviewers.split("[,]+"))
    </form>
    #end
#end
<li><strong>Drivers:</strong><br>
#if( $paramDrivers )
    #foreach($user in $paramDrivers.split("[,]+"))
    </form>
    #end
#end
</li>
</ul>

Thanks for your help. I'm new to Velocity.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 1, 2015

Since you're not creating static user links that can be index by the indexer I don't think there is a way to get it to email.

0 votes
cherie heiberg June 1, 2015

Thanks Davin. I was afraid of that. Can you suggest any alternate way of getting this set up in macro form? I feel like I've just hit a brick wall.

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 1, 2015

Unfortunately, I don't have any great ideas.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events