edit search result page

I want to edit the search result page if no result is found. I tried to edit the "search-results.vmd" without any success. I want to add some additional information to the standard sentences:

No results found for asdfasdfasdf. Please try one of the following suggestions:

• Use more general search terms orconsult the online documentationfor tips.
  • If you are filtering by space, content, last modification date or contributor, try removing or adjusting the filter

Can someone help me?

2 answers

This is the place to make changes. Maybe you did not edit the right spot in this VMD file? The place to edit it is in the "else" block at the bottom:

#didyoumean()
		$action.getText("search.no.results.found", ["<strong>${generalUtil.htmlEncode($queryString)}</strong>"])
		<ul>
			<li>$action.getText("search.tip.general")</li>
			<li>$action.getText("search.tip.restrictions")</li>
		</ul>

Thanks Matthew,

this is exactly what I did, but without any success. Then I tried to rename the whole search-results.vmd and restarted the server, and still the same page appeared. So I think, the search-results.vmd is not integrated?

Which version of Confluence are you using? I've tested this on 4.x, and it works, but maybe if you're using 5 they use a different decorator and just keep this file around for backwards compatibility?

Yeah, we are using Confluence 5.x. Perhaps, maybe someone else can help me to find a solution :/

Yeah, we are using Confluence 5.x. Perhaps, maybe someone else can help me to find a solution :/

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Monday in Confluence

Calling all marketing teams who use Confluence - we want to hear from you!

Hi Community! me again 🙂 If you’re a marketing team using Confluence, we want to hear your story! How did you start using Confluence? What are your use cases? What have been some of the benefits?...

210 views 3 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you