don't have administrator access to confluence

Deleted user December 22, 2013

I'm a Jira/confluence rookie, so this may be super simple...

(confluence 4.2.6)

Confluence is configured to use Jira for authentication.

I have jira administrative access

Users can login to confluence and it's using jira for authentication.

The issue is that I can't login to a user that have "administration" as an option under tools in confluence.

When I run the sql:

name, u.active from cwd_user u
join cwd_membership m on u.id=m.child_user_id join cwd_group g on m.parent_id=g.id join cwd_directory d on d.id=g.directory_id
where g.group_name = 'confluence-administrators' and d.directory_name='Confluence Internal Directory';

I get one user. I logged in as that user and I still don't get the administration option under tools.

Any ideas?

3 answers

0 votes
Deleted user December 29, 2013

The issue turned out to be even simpler than I thought... I wasn't looking under the "browse" menu for administrator access. I did create a new admin user using the instructions above, but didn't think it worked because I was looking under the "gear" menu for administrator access.

Thanks for the help.

0 votes
Deleted user December 29, 2013

The issue turned out to be even simpler than I thought... I wasn't looking under the "browse" menu for administrator access. I did create a new admin user using the instructions above, but didn't think it worked because I was looking under the "gear" menu for administrator access.

Thanks for the help.

0 votes
darylchuah
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 22, 2013

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events