do you need Jira to have confluence

Suzie Larsen October 27, 2015

I am wondering if it is possible to use confluence without having Jira. Or do you need to use both products

2 answers

4 votes
TomC
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 27, 2015

You can definitely use Confluence without JIRA. I work for a Fortune 500 company and used Confluence - it's now spread through our entire org (e.g. Marketing, HR, IT) - a full 5 years before we got JIRA.  This may be atypical, but is certainly a viable path!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 27, 2015

I'm not sure it's particularly atypical. JIRA is older, and had longer to get into the marketplace, and it's quite common to see one of them arrive closely followed by the other. But there's plenty of Confluence without JIRA out there. (Less so now, because a lot of Confluence users have gone "close integration with JIRA, which is better than our current spreadsheets/issuetracker/horridcorporatemanagementhelldesk"solution", lets go for that)

1 vote
Adrien Ragot 2
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 29, 2015

Confluence can be used alone.

You can also connect them later, in case your needs change. The link is quite flexible.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events