cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

display Excel chart in Confluence page

Nari Man
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 21, 2013

I have attached a Excel file (2010 version) to a page. I use the Excel macro and can display the data from the cells. I also have a chart on one of the excel sheets that I like to display in confluence page but Confluence shows an image icon only.

Confluence is version 5.1.1

Any ideas?

thanks

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 21, 2013

Excel Macro does not support charts from excel. You would need to recreate the chart using the chart macro around the data in the excel macro.

Just to clarify so you don't have to read the comments below. The chart macro works by looking at tables found within the body of the chart macro. In this case, you put the excel macro in the body of the chart macro.

Nari Man
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 21, 2013

THe chart macro claim to be able to use data from Excel. I can not find any information about how to use it.

Nari Man
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 22, 2013

@Bob, thanks but can you please explain what you mean "using the chart macro around the data in the excel macro."

Reg Hawkins October 3, 2017

I have create a JIRA filter (could be the excel filter) place inside the Chart Macro

Report macro.png

1 vote
Nari Man
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 22, 2013

Yes at last I figured how to use the chart Macro. It is funny but I could not figure out that i have to write the data table in the body of the macro.

Ivar
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 12, 2013

That makes 2 of us. Only close reading of the manual gave away that trick..

1 vote
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 21, 2013
0 votes
Nari Man
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 22, 2013

Figured it out. thanks

Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 22, 2013

I assume you mean about the chart macro.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events