disabled AD accounts in Confluence

I have delegated authentication with AD. So any user with AD account can login to Confluence and their account is created there. Problem is with users who leave the company. Is there a way that these users will get disabled automatically? Otherwise all these ex-employees are counting as active users against my license.

Is there anyway to figure out who is no longer in AD and disable them (just not one by one manually).

Thanks

NR

2 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

You probbaly have to write a Scheduled job to scan all users, determine if they are 'disabled' (through LDAP queries) in AD (the usual business process for a leaver) and if so, remove them from confluence-users.

See http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Scheduled+Jobs

If you fancy playing around with the solution interactively, I dumped some related Beanshell code in the ldaputils project that may give you a start.

I should have drawn your attention to the link at the end, see Trigger Module...

the page you mentioned does not show how to create a job. Only about existing jobs.

This widget could not be displayed.

Disabled AD users show up in the wiki but are gone after you delete them from AD. You might already know that but I thought I'd note it in this thread.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Monday in Confluence

Why start from scratch? Introducing four new templates for Confluence Cloud

Hi my Community friends!  For those who don't know me, I'm a product marketer on the Confluence Cloud team - nice to meet you! For those of you who do, you know that I've been all up in your Co...

279 views 2 4
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you