disable/delete user not available

the links for disable/delete user are not available

4 answers

Hi Gerri, Which version of confluence you are having ? And how is User Mangement done, Internal Directory/ AD sync ?

0 votes

What user directory are you using, and is it fully read/write?

Sorry should of thought to include that - Confluence version 5.6.4, server version, running LDAP AD sync to get users in.

Ok, is it set up as read/write?

no it never has been, and I use to be able to delete users. Don't know when that went away

If it is read only, then you would not have been able to delete users. 

You might have been deleting internal accounts (i.e. not LDAP ones), but you can't delete from LDAP if you can't write to it.

You should still be able to disable users though, that's all within Confluence.

can't disable them either - not sure why - it's very odd

That's starting to sound like you've been removed from the admin group. 

Could you explain exactly how you "can't delete/disable"?  Which screen are you on and is it that the options are not there, or they give an error message?

I can't do either any longer - I have accounts out there that are disabled so I've done it in the past. I don't want confluence to be able to delete people from AD due to the mastering we have with Workday - but I want to be able to at the very least manually disable accounts.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Nov 29, 2018 in New to Confluence

How to use Confluence Cloud for stakeholder management

Most of us don’t need much convincing that stakeholder management is important. It just makes sense that keeping everyone in-the-know on projects and assigning clearly defined roles is key to having ...

1,078 views 0 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you