detect plugin use in Confluence

Seamus Shortall September 19, 2016

Is there a way I can find out wich plugins are being used in spaces/pages in Confluence?

I want to be able to have a report of the use of certain plugins, such as 'Content Formattoing' for managaement purpoises.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 19, 2016

No.  As a generic answer for all add-ons, there's no way you can do this.  One add-on might be providing a macro, a second one giving you a theme and the third providing an integration with another system.  How would you determine "usage" of these?  Add-ons are made available across the instance.

You can do something with macros - if you search for a macro, you can find all the pages where it has been used.  That can help you with some add-ons, although confirming where all of the "content formatting" macros might have been used is a bit of a pain.  Obviously, it won't help you with other add-ons that don't add macros.

If you're on Confluence server, there are a couple of reports that you can do in user macros that can help you more, but I'd question why your managers are asking - if it's about removing add-ons to save money, I'd attack it from the angle of "this add-on does X, do we need it", rather than "do we use it"

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events