customized search

Aaron Wideen November 19, 2012

Hi,

I am looking for a way to have a search box with pre-selected filters.

I want to be able to search all pages in all personal spaces. I have been messing with adaptivist search and they have both of these options but the thing that sucks is that you have to select which user to search their space. I want to be able to search all user's spaces for content.

Is there any way to have a searchbox with these custom feilds? or a way to do it with labels...

Thanks,

Aaron

2 answers

0 votes
Sean King
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 28, 2013

You can create a user macro that uses a dropdown with preselected values. You can put a search box inside that user macro too so you don't have to build an all new search box.

0 votes
Giuliano C_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 19, 2012

I don't know if that is the case, Aaron, but, you can perform a detailed search regarding the space withHTML macro:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/HTML+Macro

You can try the following cuztomization with on your page/space:

<form method="POST" action="/dosearchsite.action" name="searchForm" style="padding: 1px; margin: 1px">

<input type="hidden" name="quickSearch" value="true" />

<input type="hidden" name="searchQuery.spaceKey" value="spacekey" />

<input type="text" accessKey="s" name="searchQuery.queryString" size="25"/>

<input type="submit" value="Search Space Name"/>

</form>

Replace the value of "spacekey" in the searchQuery.spaceKey hidden item for the space key of your space.

You only need to insert it through the desired page/space and then replace the name="searchQuery.spaceKey" for name="searchQuery.The Space Key of your Space".

In example, I have a space named "Careful With That Axe, Eugene" and the spacekey for it is CTE. I've replaced the SearchQuery to name="searchQuery.CTE".

If that is not the case, my apologies, Aaron. Hope it helps you!

All the best,

Giuliano

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events