Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

createpage.action vs createpage-entervariables.action and template

Shain K S February 17, 2013

URL 1 - /pages/createpage-entervariables.action?spaceKey=XXX&title=XXX&linkCreation=true&fromPageId=xxx&templateId=xxx

URL 2 - /pages/createpage.action?spaceKey=XXX&title=XXX&linkCreation=true&fromPageId=xxx&templateId=xxx

I would like to understand the difference between createpage-entervariables.action and createpage.action. I am trying to add a link to a page which will create a page if not exists, but will just behave like a link if it already exists. URL 2 above, the one with createpage.action does that, but it does not take in a parameter to specify template, it ignores templateId=xxx parameter. The createpage-entervariables.action (URL 1) does take the parameter templateId=xxx, but it always tries to create a new page, even if the one with the title exists.

I would like to know if there is a way createpage-entervariables.action can behave like createpage.action with respect to create behavior (that is create only if not exists) or for createpage.action to take the template as a parameter.

4 answers

0 votes
Gabriel Lozano-Moran August 12, 2013

We need exactly the same behaviour. Either create the page based on a template and if the page exists just open it like a normal link.

0 votes
Alejandro Conde Carrillo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 25, 2013

There is a feature request to add this functionality to Confluence API: CONF-11393, but I do not think this is possible yet.

0 votes
Nabil Sayegh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 4, 2013

Me too, please :-)

0 votes
Sorin Sbarnea (Citrix)
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 21, 2013

Please le me know if you found a solution, I am trying to automate wiki page creation based on a template.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events