Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

create a Jira list on page that is expandable with sub-tasks or links?

scott.fawcett December 20, 2019

I want to create a "dashboard" that provides the status of Jira tickets for a Design field (the field already exists).  Basically, I want a list of tickets that meet my query criteria in the form:

• Parent 1
    • sub-task or linked issue
    • sub-task
    • sub-task
  • Parent 2
    • sub-task
  • Etc.

with all the appropriate fields, i.e. Key, Summary, Status, etc.  All the stuff you can choose today in a Confluence macro.

What I'm looking at are Jira tickets (parent) where Design = Required...and I want an easy view to validate that a Design sub-task or linked issue actually exists (the Summary will contain "Design") before implementation starts.  In most cases, but not all, the sub-task design will occur in the prior sprint (which is one thing I'm specifically looking for).

I can't find an easy view where I don't have to click multiple times, on multiple tickets, to confirm this.

1 answer

1 vote
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 2, 2020

Hello Scott,

Thank you for reaching out.

Per your description, it seems you are trying to return a specific set of issues on your website, just like Jira macro can do in Confluence pages. Is that correct?

If that's what you want, I'm afraid Jira does not have such functionality yet, however, we do agree with you that this would be a useful functionality.

That being said, we created the following feature request to get such functionality:

Ability to embed a Jira Issue Filter to an external site 

Feel free to vote and watch the suggestion to increase its priority and also receive notifications about any updates.

The best workaround we can provide you right now would be to add the Filter results gadget with the issues you want and embed it on your website. These would be the steps:

1 - Create a filter with the issues you want to display

2 - Navigate to your dashboard > Add the Filter results gadget, configuring it with the filter you created in step 1

3 - Follow the documentation below to properly add the gadget to your site:

Adding an Atlassian Gadget to iGoogle and Other Web Sites 

P.S: In principle, you should be able to add Atlassian gadgets to iGoogle, Gmail and other external sites that support OpenSocial gadgets. However, these external integrations are experimental at this stage and we have encountered problems with them. Please do have fun playing around with them, but be aware that Atlassian does not support the use of Atlassian gadgets on iGoogle, Gmail or other external web sites. See the detailed section on gadget limitations.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events