could not Create my Personal Space

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Create a Personal Space

When I try to create a personal space in our confluence. The busy icon does not stop turning. Thus the space will not be created. My coleques managed to create their space without any trouble and quick.

Do you have any suggestions?

THK in advance

R. Wedler

Additional Information

• I've got administrative rights in confluence.
  • The confluence version is: 5.6.5
  • I've tried using IE (V: 11.0.24); Firefox (V: 42) and Crome (V: 46.0.2490.80 m)

2 answers

1 vote

What does the log file say is happening?

By our forensic search I found a formular registered User witch had the same user shortcut (lets say 'rwe') as I actual use. This user had created a personal space on his own. So I suppose this personal space uses the same shortcut as I probably should get. Thus this user definitely will not come back - we have some opportunities:

• Deleting the personal space of this inactive user
  • Rename the space shortcut of the old user or my actual account (I suppose this is not a good idea - if anyhow possible)

So the only chance I see is to delete the personal space of the old user... How can I do so?

==> http://www.bradrach.com/deleting-a-space-in-confluence/

And: hurray! I'm able to find MY personal space smile

Question/Request: Could you please help the user creating personal space by first check whether a space this the same name already exists?

now this request is solved and closed to me!

THX

R. Wedler

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Apr 13, 2018 in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

388 views 21 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you