copy global template

Marla Landolt August 18, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Adding a Template

I have searched high and low - how in the ... can i, yes, with admin rights,

i)COPY a GLOBAL template?

ii)Copy a space template?

sorry folks the ctrl-a, ctrl-c ctrl-v does NOT take the wiki language with!sad

We have confluence v5.9.7

many tx in advance for a working solution without having to purchase anything else for such a basic need.

2 answers

0 votes
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 18, 2016

I have copied templates that way before? Make sure you cursor is in the body of the editor before hitting ctrl+a. Or make sure the cursor is at the top and then hit ctrl+shift+end. Both will select everything in the body. Then copy paste should work.

0 votes
Stephen Deutsch
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 18, 2016

Hi Marla,

Although there's nothing you need to buy, you will need to install the Confluence Source Editor to get it to work.  Using this, you can copy all the "wiki language" (which is XHTML format, displayed when you click the source editor icon in edit mode), and then you can paste it into a new copy of the template. Remember that you will need to save the blank template first before the Source Editor icon will appear in the editor. Unfortunately, there's no other way I'm aware of that you can get it to work sad

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 18, 2016

The downside of this approach is it breaks any template variables you may have.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events