Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

contextInitialized Not starting full plugin system due to upgrade or licensing errors

Adrian Gilbert January 7, 2018

I've had confluence running for a few months. It seems to have crashed/stopped last night. When I try to restart it, I'm getting the following:

2018-01-07 10:40:37,883 INFO [localhost-startStop-1] [atlassian.confluence.cluster.DefaultClusterConfigurationHelper] lambda$populateExistingClusterSetupConfig$1 Populating setup configuration if running with Cluster mode...
2018-01-07 10:40:37,917 ERROR [localhost-startStop-1] [atlassian.confluence.setup.ConfluenceConfigurationListener] contextInitialized An error was encountered while bootstrapping Confluence (see below):
null
java.lang.NullPointerException
at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:264)
at com.atlassian.confluence.setup.DefaultBootstrapManager.isDriverPresent(DefaultBootstrapManager.java:564)
at com.atlassian.confluence.setup.DefaultBootstrapManager.checkRequiredDriverIs....

Not starting full plugin system due to upgrade or licensing errors
2018-01-07 10:40:38,349 INFO [localhost-startStop-1] [com.atlassian.confluence.lifecycle] init Confluence is ready to serve

License was bought and applied several months ago - so what is gonig on and how to I get it to start?

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 8, 2018

Hi Adrian,

Can you confirm with me your Confluence version as well as your database version?

It seems similar to some other errors such as the one mentioned in this older bug, but the error you sent is cut off:

2018-01-07 10:40:37,917 ERROR [localhost-startStop-1] [atlassian.confluence.setup.ConfluenceConfigurationListener] contextInitialized An error was encountered while bootstrapping Confluence (see below):
null
java.lang.NullPointerException
at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:264)
at com.atlassian.confluence.setup.DefaultBootstrapManager.isDriverPresent(DefaultBootstrapManager.java:564)
at com.atlassian.confluence.setup.DefaultBootstrapManager.checkRequiredDriverIs....

That's the important part of the logs we'd like to see. Can you have a look and see if there's anything else below that line, such as Caused by...

Thank you!

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events