Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

console.log

Bimmel December 5, 2013

I've been tooling around with an user macro that takes some content and manipulate via JavaScript. I have run into a problem with my script and decided to use the console.log method to debug my script issue. However, nothing returns via the console log. I test the variables by typing them directly into Chrome Dev command line and I see the variables getting changed or not as I expected with my script.

My Question is this: Is there something in Confluence blocking the output of the console.log method?

3 answers

0 votes
Aseem Parikh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 29, 2013

It works fine for me. Did you wrap your JS in a <script> tag? Here's what my full macro looks like:

## Macro title: My Macro
## Macro has a body: Y or N
## Body processing: Selected body processing option
## Output: Selected output option
##
## Developed by: My Name
## Date created: dd/mm/yyyy
## Installed by: My Name

&lt;script type="text/javascript"&gt;
    var foo = "foo";
    console.log(foo);
&lt;/script&gt;

0 votes
Bimmel December 29, 2013

There's no errors in either the velocity markup or JS. Try it for yourself. Create a macro, set a variable to something and have the console.log method run that variable. Even simple tests like this come back empty but if I use the command line in Chrome Dev, I see that in fact that foo = "foo";

var foo = "foo";
console.log(foo);
0 votes
Aseem Parikh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 20, 2013

You might have a syntax error with your velocity markup. Keep an eye on the logs when your macro is executed.

[edit] I'm assuming that since you have the console open, you're keeping an eye out for JS errors

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events