conflunce not able to sent test email or any other notification

when i'm sending test email i'm getting below error:

An error has occurred with sending the test email:

com.atlassian.mail.MailException: com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPSendFailedException: 550 5.7.1 Client does not have permissions to send as this sender

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Accepted answer

After changing mail server host name to localhost it has resolved this issue.

0 votes

It's pretty much what it says - the user you've told Confluence to use as the mail sender has not been given permission to send mail on the mail server. You need to correct the configuration of the acount on the mail server.

I have to do it in JIRA or somewhere on exchange mail server?

Not sure why you have moved on to jira, you said the problem is happening in confluence. Anyway, as I already said (and what the error message says), the error is caused by the mail user not having the right settings to send the email in the email server settings. So yes, fix exchange

Sorry, I wanted to say Confluence.

I got question back from help desk that what is the ip address which need to be added from where confluence is sending the email.

Do you know where i can find it out?

where i can find sending server IP Address of confluence

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Oct 24, 2018 in Confluence

Atlassian Research opportunity with Confluence templates

Do you use templates with Confluence? Take part in a remote 1-hr workshop. You'll receive USD $100 for your time!   We're looking for people to participate in a   remote 1-hr workshop...

1,098 views 17 14
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you