• Community
  • Products
  • Confluence
  • Questions
  • confluence: way to notifiy user (e.g. "on create") about duplicate content in the wiki? (e.g. similar page title, similar page content...)

confluence: way to notifiy user (e.g. "on create") about duplicate content in the wiki? (e.g. similar page title, similar page content...)

Sven
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 8, 2012

Hello,

we got the demand if there is a way (plugin etc., perhaps this is just an feature request for the futur or a 3rd party developper will pick up the opportunity)

to get the users notified if the page they are creating (from page title entered or page content)

is very similar to an existing page?

If there is nothing out there, from a developer view: where are possible extension points for this?

Thanks for any hint,

bye

Sven

6 answers

1 vote
Ray DR October 1, 2015

I installed Duplicate Content Defender a couple of months back and it works well.
It shows users similar articles as they are attempting to create a new one.

0 votes
Emil Varona October 1, 2015

Has anyone looked into Duplicate Content Defender? It seems well suited for this purpose. I've not tried it but I'm faced with the same request and was curious if anyone else has had luck with this plug-in.

0 votes
Ray DR January 2, 2015

YES! This is exactly what I need also! I posted a question about this before finding this. 
I see it is over 2 years old. Has anyone solved it? 

0 votes
Michael Marrewa May 31, 2012

I would like something that would work in a similar fashion to the the Herucules plugin or the Atlassian Answers page. Let's say someone types in Development Workflow as a title, then it should pull up similar content before the save, or even creation, begins.

0 votes
hhung March 14, 2012

Hi Sven, would be very interested in exploring this problem you have with duplicate content, do you have some time to talk about it - feel free to email me so we can organise a time.

Thanks, Helen

0 votes
Tim Eddelbüttel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 8, 2012

Hello Svenni,

hope this helps: http://blogs.onresolve.com/?p=123

Regards,
Tim

Sven
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 11, 2012

Thanks for the suggestion - but this looks to be for Jira? I'll need it for confluence...

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events