Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

confluence server upgrade 7.4.7 to 7.13.7 faild with some errors

蒋文华 June 9, 2022

i was plan upgrade to server 7.13.7, but when statrt the server, has errors like below

some important info underlined

hint: i used postgresql12, i known it's not the recommend database, is this reason??

looking forward to a reply!  thanks a lot!

[confluence.upgrade.impl.DefaultUpgradeManager] failOnDbDumpException Pre-Upgrade recovery file generation failed.

2022-06-09 18:30:09,917 ERROR [Catalina-utility-1] [confluence.upgrade.impl.DefaultUpgradeManager] failOnDbDumpException Post-Upgrade recovery file generation failed.

2022-06-09 18:25:11,991 WARN [Catalina-utility-1] [confluence.impl.setup.DefaultBootstrapDatabaseAccessor] readValue Unable to determine ZDU status from database. If you are upgrading from a Confluence version prior to 7.9, this is expected.
org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: relation "confzdu" does not exist

Caused by: com.atlassian.confluence.upgrade.recovery.DbDumpException: Problem with table "temp_release_tb": Cannot encode value for unsupported column type: "date" (91) of column temp_release_tb.time

Re:

i check the https://confluence.atlassian.com/x/ropKGQ 
is that mean  i need adding 

-Dconfluence.upgrade.recovery.file.enabled=false

to start server???

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 9, 2022

Sorry to hear about this problem. But your suspicion about the database versions is most likely correct.  This version of Confluence does not support Postgres 12 yet.  Please see Confluence 7.13 Supported Platforms for a complete list of the supported platforms.

As for next steps, I'd recommend setting up a Postgres 11 database, and then restoring your database to that instance first.  Alternatively, upgrading to a version at or above 7.17.x (such as 7.17.4 or 7.18.1) would add support for Postgres 12 per the Confluence 7.17 supported platforms.

蒋文华 June 9, 2022

ok, thanks @Andy Heinzer 
i will try 7.17.4 again

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events