confluence restoration from backup zip file

Dave Campbell July 4, 2013

when trying to restore the auto-generated backup zip file i'm getting an apparently corrupted restored version of confluence.

I'm restoring to a new machine (a VirtualBox VM) and the restoration seems to go fine, i install postgresql and make the user/database then setup pg_hba.conf and run through installing the product.

I select the zip file during nistallation as a source for the wiki content, and it chugs away for a few minutes before saying all is done!

.... Then it dosen't work...

I can login with my credentials, and i get my wiki spaces listed, but clicking any of them gives "page not found".

I can see recently changed pages, but clicking any of those gives a huge error & stack trace which seems to begin with: java.lang.RuntimeException: "Error rendering template for decorator root"

In the atlassian-confluence.log file just before that stacktrace is: "ERROR [http-8090-5] [common.error.jersey.ThrowableExceptionMapper] toResponse Uncaught exception thrown by REST service"

I have no idea where to even begin fixing this. If more logs are needed, just shout.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 4, 2013

Hi GNS,

Are you sure the the Backup is from the same version that you want to restore? Did you performa a Reindex after restoring the data?

Regards,

Mirek

Dave Campbell July 4, 2013

i did tick the create index box when restoring. The backup is 4.9 and the restore version is 5.1, i'll try restoring to 4.9 and see if it goes away.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events