Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

confluence not allowing page edits

Reg Hawkins January 19, 2018

I have confluence running in a docker container and have only a few ports open.

I can see the page (i'm logged in as admin) but then when I edit the page do I need to open up more ports in my firewall? if which ones.confluence not editing.PNG

3 answers

0 votes
AHPyXA March 6, 2018

I run the same issue today.

Confluence 6.5.0 - Standalone

After some digging I found old file synchrony.pid was never refresh on restart

Stopping confluence service and deleting old confluence/temp/synchrony.pid did the trick

Then I started service again, file synchrony.pid was newly generated and Collaborative Editing works

Henricus Fluthgraf March 6, 2018

i don´t find this File

Confluence Server 6.6.2

0 votes
Henricus Fluthgraf February 19, 2018

i have the same problems. Only cancelling the Synchrony funftion, makes it possible to edit a page. In the same constellatoin it works for about 6 weeks. but from one day to another it wont works any longer.
Windows updates responsible? Port and everathing else hadn´t been changed.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 19, 2018

Have you worked through the troubleshooting doc mentioned?

Henricus Fluthgraf February 19, 2018

yes

0 votes
Reg Hawkins January 19, 2018

I have just found this and working my way through it, i will let you know what fixed it for me!

https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/unable-to-edit-any-pages-in-confluence-6-x-due-to-collaborative-editing-867362716.html

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 19, 2018

Thank you, Reg!

The error you saw can be caused by a lot of things, and looking in the logs should ultimately help you narrow down the issue.

If that article above doesn't fix your issue, you can have a look here:

Be advised that Synchrony runs on port 8091 by default.

Once you solve your issue you can let me know and I'll accept your answer as resolved. :) 

Regards,

Shannon

Reg Hawkins January 22, 2018

I have just switched the collaboration feature off for now

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 22, 2018

Alright, Reg!

If you troubleshoot later do let me know if you run into any issues or have a question.

Regards,

Shannon

Reg Hawkins January 23, 2018

currently I have confluence running in a docker container and it is using a local host but I have confluence running on 172.28.1.4 is there a way to change the ip address synchrony works on

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
January 24, 2018

Hi Reg,

It appears you may be able to modify it using a System Property:

Perhaps this one: 

synchrony.host
6.0.4 127.0.0.1   This is the IP that Confluence uses to connect to Synchrony. It defaults to localhost. Change this if you need to allow Confluence to contact Synchrony via a custom hostname or IP address.

See Change your Synchrony Configuration for further details.

I haven't personally experienced changing this myself but it should help you to get started there.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events