Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

confluence: lenght of answer to a confluence search

yannick63 December 14, 2017

Hello

Is it possible to change the length from a result of a search on confluence?

On the adress I have :

https://xxx.xxx.xxx/xxx/dosearchsite.action?queryString=mysearch

I would like to know if I can have more rows on the result by adding a parameter.

best regards

1 answer

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 19, 2017

I was not able to find a way to increase the number of results listed by adding a parameter to the URL. I am assuming you mean the number of results per page before pagination starts as there is no limit I am aware of on how many rows you may return from a search.

The Search Results Macro has a maxLimit parameter you can use to control the number of search results listed by the macro, but it is more intended to limit the results rather than increase how many results are displayed at a time.

I am interested in hearing more about what you are aiming to accomplish with the longer search results. In general people use search to find specific content so they want to filter the results and see fewer on the list (more relevant results).

yannick63 December 20, 2017

Thanks for your answer.

I am just using and application made with confluence by some someone else  and my request is to show more lines for each results.

At this moment the result show me an extract with 4 or 5 lines and I want to see 20 lines . 

Best regards 

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 20, 2017

I understand better now - you would like the excerpts to be longer, not the list of results. This plugin, Instant Search, provides that functionality, according to their Marketplace listing:

Customize: maximum search results, input field width, excerpt length, url (include /exclude), search button, watermark, search and result css, result width, tab order, focus on page load

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events