confluence jira release notes using api

hey,

what i am trying to achieve is creating JIRA Release notes in Confluence with Confluence API, same as which we use using GUI.

IS it possible to create release notes using API or not ?

1 answer

0 vote
Boris Berenberg Community Champion Oct 26, 2015

I think the first question to answer here is, what do you consider to be release notes? Just a list of all issues in a release? Or should there be comments with them or something? I think that at the very least you could write a script which would parse JIRA's REST API and then push a page into your Confluence via the API there.

we need only jira issues with its status as our release notes.

Boris Berenberg Community Champion Oct 27, 2015

I think the easiest way to do this would be to have a server running which accepts POST requests from JIRA via Webhooks (https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Managing+Webhooks) and then uses the information to identify the appropriate page in Confluence, and updates that using the REST API https://developer.atlassian.com/confdev/confluence-rest-api/confluence-rest-api-examples

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Apr 13, 2018 in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

385 views 21 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you