It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

confluence installation on server throws Database connection failed

9Inquest! I'm New Here Dec 02, 2019

Installed Confluence on a new system since the working system is giving the problem Tomcat appears to still be running with PID 19405. Start aborted.
If the following process is not a Tomcat process, remove the PID file and try again:

Copied the home directory completely, created the installation directory and extracted the gz. and followed the installation procedure as it is. When I start the new system from confluence user, it shows it is running in the Linux console. But when I browse, it searches for 15 to 20 min and throws "cannot connect to the database error"

Please tell me how to make confluence to connect to the embedded h2 database

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Charlie_Misonne Community Leader Dec 02, 2019

Does the system you copied the home directory from also use the embedded h2 database?

In that case:

•  Check the path pointing to the h2 database is correct in the <confluence-home>/confluence.cfg.xml is correct
  • Check the linux user running Confluence has permissions to access the h2 database
    --> Check file ownerships

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

How is your team having fun and bonding, remotely, utilizing Confluence?

Thanks everyone for answering last week’s question. The winner of the random drawing from those who commented is: @LarryBrock I’ll contact you separately with your prize details. This wee...

278 views 9 6
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you