Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

confluence: how to install new speakeasy extensions from codegeist ? (.zip-files, no .jar-files)

Sven
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 31, 2012

Hello,

I tried to install:

https://plugins.atlassian.com/plugin/details/44498

But if I upload it in the plugin-manager I'll get an error message:

Could not find a handler capable of installing the plugin at akelesspacelist.zip. Check that the file is a valid plugin.

Same with this one here:

https://bitbucket.org/dvdsmpsn/confluence-space-list-filter-speakeasy/downloads

I've seen that these are no .jar-Files but only .zip-files.

I have installed the speakeasy-plugin (1.3.1) and I'm already running "favourite extension".

What I'm doing wrong?

Thanks for any suggestion --- these extensions seem to be useful ;-)

Bye

Sven

6 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Sven
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 31, 2012

ok, got it. As administrator it is not possible to install.

With another user, I have to go User > Extensions where there is "Install"-Button ;-)

1 vote
Don Brown [Atlassian]
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 31, 2012

You can only install zip extensions via the Speakeasy install dialog. The normal plugin manager will have no idea what that file is. Also, whether administrators can use Speakeasy or not is configurable.

0 votes
Sven
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 1, 2012

Ah. ok. Thanks for the information.

Hmm. To retrieve all spaces is "already done", this could be taken from this extension:

https://plugins.atlassian.com/plugin/details/44008

(it's working well in 4.x and displays a complete list of all spaces after a hover over the "Dashboard-Link"...)

0 votes
David at David Simpson Apps
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 1, 2012

Not really, in Confluence 3.x, all spaces were listed on the dashboard, so client side filtering was easy.

In Confluence 4.x, you need to get a list of spaces from elsewhere. You could perhaps adapt it by taking a JSON feed of spaces from the Lucene index, then populating the list of spaces that way.

Sell me how you get on with that ;)

0 votes
Sven
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 31, 2012

I've seen this ;-(

Any hint how to tweak it for 4.x ?

0 votes
David at David Simpson Apps
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 31, 2012

BTW: Space List Filter will not work by default on Confluence 4.x -- Atlassian rejigged the Dashboard.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events