confluence email notification configuration

Bill Langton October 5, 2015

Is there a way to configure the email notifications for page modifications?   We have pages with sensitive information that should not be sent in an email.   I would like to be notified that a change was made, but I don't want the content in the email.

Thanks...

2 answers

0 votes
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 5, 2015

The email templates are actually in the Confluence translation file. Not sure if that can be changed with the cloud version. If it can then download the translation for your current version of Confluence. It will give you a .jar file, which is really just a .zip file. Rename it to .zip and extract the file. Then you can make the changes that you need and re-zip it and change the extension back to .jar. Then upload it into Confluence. Like I said though I'm not sure if the cloud offering allows for adding other translations so your mileage may vary.

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 5, 2015

The point being that you could edit the template to not show the content portion of the email.

Bill Langton October 6, 2015

I didn't see a way to upload the jar file back to Confluence. We have a small team so I logged in as each and manually changed the setting. Not ideal, but it solves the problem. Thanks...

0 votes
Pedro Cora
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 5, 2015

Bill,

Seems like you can do this by making a couple of changes directly in the database. For more details, take a look at https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONFKB/How+to+disable+Show+Changed+Content+to+all+users

-- Pedro

Bill Langton October 5, 2015

We're Cloud-based so I'm guessing that's not an option. Is there anything in the Configuration UI that will do this? Thanks, Bill

Pedro Cora
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 5, 2015

There is. But it's per user.. And they can change it by themselves.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events