confluence content permission - content admin all access

Sameer V February 7, 2018

Hi Community,

Ref: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/Why-would-a-full-admin-in-confluence-be-unable-to-see-a-page-due/qaq-p/332529

Is there a way to have a content administrator (moderator) role in Confluence who will have access to all content across Confluence including personal spaces/pages etc? This would be very beneficial for content moderation and for system accounts which are supposed to access all content for DLP / ediscovery / legal hold purposes.

Any thoughts/ideas would be appreciated!

1 answer

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 7, 2018

Hi Sameer,

We do have a group for "super" admins that bestows more permissions than the System administrator global permission: Confluence Admin Permission Levels Explained

The confluence-administrators group defines a set of "super users" who can access the Administration Console and perform site-wide administration. Members of this group can also see the content of all pages and spaces in the Confluence instance, regardless of space permissions.

Pages can still be restricted from view by page restrictions, but confluence-administrators group members have the ability to remove restrictions so essentially they can see and edit anything on the instance.

I hope that is the functionality you are looking for. Please let me know any follow up questions.

Cheers,

Ann

Sameer V February 14, 2018

Thanks Ann for the response!

Pages can still be restricted from view by page restrictions, but confluence-administrators group members have the ability to remove restrictions so essentially they can see and edit anything on the instance.

I was actually looking for a way to have it without having to do the above.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events