confluence autosave location

Paul DeSousa
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 14, 2014

Confluence auto saves the files, when a user is editing them, at a given time interval.   Where is the location in the HOME directory for said files? 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Mirko Skramusky
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 14, 2014

Hi Robert!

Do you mean when the user is editing the page? The files are not stored temporary, if you add or change a file in page editing mode, the file is directly stored to the page. If you aboard the page editing, you'll see the file is still attached to the page. Does this answer you question or do you mean an other editing function?

Best regards

Paul DeSousa
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 14, 2014

No, sorry. What I am asking is that confluence auto saves drafts. I would assume that is on the file-system in the home directory. So we are running on Red Hat, and our home points to /opt/atlassian/data/ I would assume there is a file in /opt/atlassian/data/ with said auto save. https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Working+with+Drafts I would assume that it is not in the database, and I know it is not in RAM as a reboot (of the host or stop-confluence.sh ; start-confluence.sh) retains the data.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 14, 2014

The drafts are kept in the database. If you accidentally destroy your Confluence installation, create a new one (including a new "home" directory), and point it at your old database, you'll find your drafts are there...

Paul DeSousa
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 14, 2014

OK Thank you.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events