confluence autosave location

Confluence auto saves the files, when a user is editing them, at a given time interval.   Where is the location in the HOME directory for said files? 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Accepted answer

Hi Robert!

Do you mean when the user is editing the page? The files are not stored temporary, if you add or change a file in page editing mode, the file is directly stored to the page. If you aboard the page editing, you'll see the file is still attached to the page. Does this answer you question or do you mean an other editing function?

Best regards

No, sorry. What I am asking is that confluence auto saves drafts. I would assume that is on the file-system in the home directory. So we are running on Red Hat, and our home points to /opt/atlassian/data/ I would assume there is a file in /opt/atlassian/data/ with said auto save. https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Working+with+Drafts I would assume that it is not in the database, and I know it is not in RAM as a reboot (of the host or stop-confluence.sh ; start-confluence.sh) retains the data.

The drafts are kept in the database. If you accidentally destroy your Confluence installation, create a new one (including a new "home" directory), and point it at your old database, you'll find your drafts are there...

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Oct 24, 2018 in Confluence

Atlassian Research opportunity with Confluence templates

Do you use templates with Confluence? Take part in a remote 1-hr workshop. You'll receive USD $100 for your time!   We're looking for people to participate in a   remote 1-hr workshop...

1,056 views 16 14
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you