Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

confluence attachments

James Lim-It September 1, 2013

Hi,

is there another way to know the file names of the attachment files found in the actual attachment folder in confluence? the folder contains bunch of folders with numbers as foldername, and inside are files without file extension. now, i am guessing that this is where all the attachment goes because I found the path in confluence admin > configuration > attachment storage.

I also have access to the database and I can do some SQL queries if need be.

What I have done so far:

> do a query in the backend
- select attachmentid from attachments where title = 'filename.jpg'

> search the attachmentid in the physical folder.

But I am still not able to find that file. I am now thinking that I may have permanently deleted the file or my method in doing this is incorrect.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
James

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Amalia
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 1, 2013

Hi James, you can refer to the following documentation which explains how to find this file: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Hierarchical+File+System+Attachment+Storage

0 votes
Michael Rieger (Scandio) August 26, 2016

And you can use the following SQL to query for all attachment paths for a given spacekey:

select '/ver003/'
       || cast(substring(cast(spaceid as VARCHAR), length(cast(spaceid as VARCHAR)) - 2, 3) as INT) % 250
       || '/'
       || cast(substring(cast(spaceid as VARCHAR), length(cast(spaceid as VARCHAR)) - 5, 3) as INT) % 250
       || '/'
       || cast(spaceid as VARCHAR)
       || '/'
       || cast(substring(cast(pageid as VARCHAR), length(cast(pageid as VARCHAR)) - 2, 3) as INT) % 250
       || '/'
       || cast(substring(cast(pageid as VARCHAR), length(cast(pageid as VARCHAR)) - 5, 3) as INT) % 250
       || '/'
       || cast(pageid as VARCHAR)
       || '/'
       || contentid
       || '/'
       || version
  as path, spaceid, contentid, title, pageid, version
from content
where contenttype = 'ATTACHMENT'
      and spaceid = (select spaceid from spaces where spacekey = '<SPACE_KEY>');

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events