confluence and jira : automatic mentions

with the new jira version you can create a link to a confluence page , this marks up the jira issue perfectly.

However I am being asked to make this linkage also visible on the confluence page .

Is there a way to automatically make this visible on the confluence page or is it a manual insertion of a jira issue required each time

3 answers

Heard back from atlassian support that this is not a feature they support Feature request creeated

feature request ticket for you,
CONF-32799.

0 vote
Davin Studer Community Champion Feb 20, 2014

To my knowledge it is manual if you do it that way. With Confluence v5.4 you can create JIRA tickets with Confluence and that then gets inserted into you page automatically if you do it that way.

Thanks Davin

Unfortunately we have a couple of mandatory fields that don't display in the create issue page in confluence (category & impact) so creation of an issue from Confluence (5.3.4) isn't possible .

Looks like it's a manual process then

Davin Studer Community Champion Feb 20, 2014

5.4 is where they have beefed up the integration of Confluence and JIRA. Check out this page below.

http://blogs.atlassian.com/2013/12/confluence-5-4-jira-integrates-confluence-like-never-before/

I'll try in 5.5 as the bug creation screen can't support mandatory fields which aren't the basic fields. This is roadmapped for later this year I have been told

Thanks again davin

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Jul 10, 2018 in Confluence

We want to see the templates you've created in Confluence!

Hi Community, Jessica here from the Confluence Product Marketing team!  July’s community challenge is all about sharing pictures  — and as an extension of our first post on what ...

551 views 20 11
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you