confluence JVM crash when display PDF in a page

zhang zining February 28, 2013

i want to display a pdf file in a confluence page

first i insert a PDF file as a attachment to a confluence page

and then i click insert -> other macros -> PDF

insert and save and then the confluence died

JVM crash ,

who can tell me why ?

i have tried confluence 4.1bin , confluence 4.3.6bin, confluence 4,3,7bin on centos 64,the result is same.

but windows XP 32 is ok , why?

2 answers

1 vote
AndrewA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 1, 2013

Hi Zhang,
During the crash you are recieving a segmentation fault correct? If so, I have come across this as well and it is a fault in the way curves are calculated by the JVM (as far as I can tell). In the terminal that Confluence is started in you see an error similar to the following yes? If so it is indeed the same issue.

Feb 25, 2013 3:22:44 PM com.sun.jersey.spi.inject.Errors processErrorMessages
WARNING: The following warnings have been detected with resource and/or provider classes:
  WARNING: A HTTP GET method, public javax.ws.rs.core.Response com.atlassian.confluence.tinymceplugin.rest.DraftsResource.getDrafts(int,int), should not consume any entity.
Invalid memory access of location 0x1bf7e240 rip=0x11bf5c55d
/Applications/Atlassian/DatabaseBackend/atlassian-confluence-4.3.3/bin/OS X - Run Confluence In Terminal Window.command: line 7: 32823 Segmentation fault: 11  `dirname "$0"`/catalina.sh run
logout

I have yet to find a bug report with Oracle for the issue and if one is not in place I will be submitting one. With that in mind, the only option currently is to not display the PDF until a patched version of the JVM is released.

Cheers,
Andrew

1 vote
RianA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 28, 2013

There's a bug for this earlier for this. But by right it should be fixed in 4.1.2. Please try to use normal standalone installation and see if this issue occurred there instead of installer.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events