confluence JVM crash when display PDF in a page

i want to display a pdf file in a confluence page

first i insert a PDF file as a attachment to a confluence page

and then i click insert -> other macros -> PDF

insert and save and then the confluence died

JVM crash ,

who can tell me why ?

i have tried confluence 4.1bin , confluence 4.3.6bin, confluence 4,3,7bin on centos 64,the result is same.

but windows XP 32 is ok , why?

2 answers

There's a bug for this earlier for this. But by right it should be fixed in 4.1.2. Please try to use normal standalone installation and see if this issue occurred there instead of installer.

Hi Zhang,
During the crash you are recieving a segmentation fault correct? If so, I have come across this as well and it is a fault in the way curves are calculated by the JVM (as far as I can tell). In the terminal that Confluence is started in you see an error similar to the following yes? If so it is indeed the same issue.

Feb 25, 2013 3:22:44 PM com.sun.jersey.spi.inject.Errors processErrorMessages
WARNING: The following warnings have been detected with resource and/or provider classes:
  WARNING: A HTTP GET method, public javax.ws.rs.core.Response com.atlassian.confluence.tinymceplugin.rest.DraftsResource.getDrafts(int,int), should not consume any entity.
Invalid memory access of location 0x1bf7e240 rip=0x11bf5c55d
/Applications/Atlassian/DatabaseBackend/atlassian-confluence-4.3.3/bin/OS X - Run Confluence In Terminal Window.command: line 7: 32823 Segmentation fault: 11  `dirname "$0"`/catalina.sh run
logout

I have yet to find a bug report with Oracle for the issue and if one is not in place I will be submitting one. With that in mind, the only option currently is to not display the PDF until a patched version of the JVM is released.

Cheers,
Andrew

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Jul 10, 2018 in Confluence

We want to see the templates you've created in Confluence!

Hi Community, Jessica here from the Confluence Product Marketing team!  July’s community challenge is all about sharing pictures  — and as an extension of our first post on what ...

788 views 23 12
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you