confluence 5.5 and mysql : table after plugindata doesn't exist anymore ...

Guillaume Roth April 30, 2014

Dear community,

Yesterday, i attempted to upgrade my confluence 5.4 to 5.5. I was completely aware about the procedure, and ensure a backup was done ( mysqldump daily ). BUT, table plugindata was corrupted.. and from a moment the tables below plugindata was empty ..

During the migration, i saw the install block on plugindata table .. so.. i attempted after to restore a dump backup i had.

Result : tables spaces, credentials etc ... dissapear.. yesteray night was an headache for me. I also experimented the method described in https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Site+Administrators+and+their+Permissions.

No acces, please, How can i reconstruct just one space with all the articles i had, and one user admin who have the full permission in all my datas inside ?

Thanks a lot for your patience,

Bests,

Guillaume.

6 answers

0 votes
Guillaume Roth May 1, 2014

Ok, i do what you told me. I resintall a confluence 5.4.1, restore var, and inject my corrupted backup into it. Confluence works, i can see articles in research, but not possible to open them. any idea ? He says :

for some :

system error :

net.sf.hibernate.LazyInitializationException: Exception initializing proxy: [com.atlassian.confluence.spaces.Space#5472259]
at net.sf.hibernate.proxy.LazyInitializer.initializeWrapExceptions(LazyInitializer.java:64)

caused by: net.sf.hibernate.ObjectNotFoundException: No row with the given identifier exists: 5472259, of class: com.atlassian.confluence.spaces.Space
at net.sf.hibernate.ObjectNotFoundException.throwIfNull(ObjectNotFoundException.java:24)

for other : page not found..

NotTheRealStephenSifersNOPENOPENOPENOPE
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 1, 2014

It sounds like the next step would be to open a case with atlassian support for them to check into the issue.

<cite>https://<strong< a="">>support.atlassian.com/</cite>

Sorry I could not be more help.

0 votes
Guillaume Roth May 1, 2014

Ok, i do what you told me. I resintall a confluence 5.4.1, restore var, and inject my corrupted backup into it. Confluence works, i can see articles in research, but not possible to open them. any idea ? He says :

for some :

system error :

net.sf.hibernate.LazyInitializationException: Exception initializing proxy: [com.atlassian.confluence.spaces.Space#5472259]
at net.sf.hibernate.proxy.LazyInitializer.initializeWrapExceptions(LazyInitializer.java:64)

caused by: net.sf.hibernate.ObjectNotFoundException: No row with the given identifier exists: 5472259, of class: com.atlassian.confluence.spaces.Space
at net.sf.hibernate.ObjectNotFoundException.throwIfNull(ObjectNotFoundException.java:24)

for other : page not found..

0 votes

What do you mean ? i create a new instance of confluence, then i merge my old db with the new one ?
My problem is that : How confluence use the DB ? where can i find a semantic diagram of the DB, with that i can understand witch tables i can merge for having more chance to recover... no ?

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 30, 2014

No, you will create a new instance of confluence on a seperate server then restore your backed up database to that. From there you will access the newly restores confluence instance and recover your space.

I would not suggest merging your backup with your production instance as that may cause other issues since the versions are different.

ok, understood. Il will try. So, i install an instance in a other server.. and import my mysql dump into it , then i can recover my datas .. correct ?

Rising Star
Rising Star
April 30, 2014

Yes.

Spin up a new instance, restore the backup from your production prior to the upgrade. Make sure the new instance matches the version prior to the upgrade.

0 votes

all tables below plugindata don't exist, so : SPACEGROUPPERMISSIONS SPACEGROUPS SPACEPERMISSIONS SPACES TRACKBACKLINKS TRUSTEDAPP TRUSTEDAPPRESTRICTION cwd_app_dir_group_mapping cwd_app_dir_mapping cwd_app_dir_operation cwd_application cwd_application_address cwd_application_attribute cwd_directory cwd_directory_attribute cwd_directory_operation cwd_group cwd_group_attribute cwd_membership cwd_user cwd_user_attribute cwd_user_credential_record external_entities external_members groups hibernate_unique_key local_members logininfo os_group os_user os_user_group remembermetoken user_mapping users ... are empty ...

0 votes
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 30, 2014

You can restore your DB to another server and bring up a "new" instance of confluence on your restored DB. From there you can then extract the space in question.

0 votes

just for information, after following the article relative to create a local admin, it didn't work for me ...

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events