Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

confluence 3.5 to 5.0.3 upgrade failed at LoginInfoUpgradeTask

DudeMcBacon February 25, 2015

I'm trying to upgrade a Confluence install from 3.5 to 5.0.3 and I'm seeing the following exception:

2015-02-24 23:39:14,126 ERROR [main] [atlassian.confluence.upgrade.UpgradeLauncherServletContextListener] contextInitialized Upgrade failed, application will not start: Upgrade task com.atlassian.confluence.upgrade.upgradetask.LoginInfoUpgradeTask@223c36de failed during t
he UPGRADE phase due to: query did not return a unique result: 2
com.atlassian.confluence.upgrade.UpgradeException: Upgrade task com.atlassian.confluence.upgrade.upgradetask.LoginInfoUpgradeTask@223c36de failed during the UPGRADE phase due to: query did not return a unique result: 2
at com.atlassian.confluence.upgrade.AbstractUpgradeManager.executeUpgradeStep(AbstractUpgradeManager.java:251)
at com.atlassian.confluence.upgrade.AbstractUpgradeManager.runUpgradeTasks(AbstractUpgradeManager.java:187)
at com.atlassian.confluence.upgrade.AbstractUpgradeManager.upgrade(AbstractUpgradeManager.java:132)
at com.atlassian.confluence.upgrade.UpgradeLauncherServletContextListener.contextInitialized(UpgradeLauncherServletContextListener.java:45)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.java:4206)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:4705)

It seems like the issue is that some SQL query that is run during the task is not returning a unique result. Does anyone know the query that gets run here so I can run it myself and see what the conflict is? Has anyone else experience this issue and know of a solution?

2 answers

0 votes
Rodrigo Girardi Adami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 4, 2015

Hi Brandon,

I was able to find this other answer which have a similar error for the login info. This might help.

I recommend to enable the SQL logging from before the upgrade:

1. Change the following lines in log4j.properties from ERROR to DEBUG:

## log hibernate prepared statements/SQL queries (equivalent to setting 'hibernate.show_sql' to 'true')
    ## DEBUG, TRACE or ALL is required to see query strings
    log4j.logger.net.sf.hibernate.SQL=DEBUG

Then start Confluence upgrade and it should appear the SQL running from before the happens.

Cheers,

Rodrigo

0 votes
Mallmann
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 25, 2015

Hey Brandon,

Just before we investigate this logs any further, can you confirm which version of Confluence 3.5 are you running to try to upgrade directly to 5.0.3? You must be running 3.5.13 or 3.5.17 to be able to upgrade to 5.0.3.

Once you confirm it we can focus on this log entry.

Eduardo

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events