chrome version 50 confluence editor footer size

this is very similar to the issue years ago 

I have confirmed this on multiple computers, when chrome updates to version 50 the footer takes up over half the page

https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/editor-window-is-small-when-using-google-chrome-365003598.html 

Confluence_Edit Screen Issue_Chrome.png

we are on confluence version 5.7.4

are others seeing this issue?

8 answers

Yes. I just caused a chrome update to test this. This is amazingly unusable sad

Confluence 5.8.6

Chrome Version 50.0.2661.75 m

I've ran into same issue. As an interim solution if you save this as a bookmark:

Name: Resize

URL: javascript:$("#editpageform").height($(window).height()-45);

Then you can just click it to resize it quickly 

This works!  Thank you so much. 

BTW, there is a cool add-on  that solves this problem too

Latest Chrome update is sucks. But our team saved a lot of time with the InPlace Editor for Confluence today.

Confirmed this happened on Confluence 5.7.  I had Chrome version 49.x.  When I upgraded to version 50.x to test the user-reported issue, the error occurred. 

Can confirm this issue can be reproduced with Chrome v50.0.2661.75 and Confluence Server 5.5.3 and the css workaround provided in the KB article above does not fix.

The CSS solution provided on:
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-41035
worked for us - that way, each user doesn't have to use the JS-based solution provided above. We are using Confluence version 5.4.4

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Apr 13, 2018 in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

2,792 views 26 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you