It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

changing server OS?

Minuk Mark Choi Jun 19, 2015

I have an instance of Confluence running off a CentOS 5 OS.  I am looking to switch to Ubuntu 12.04(same HW, just an OS change). 

How would I go about doing that?  I am thinking of exporting the Space to a zip file and restoring that once the new OS is installed, but how would I go about backing up the users?  Should I just backup the DB?

Finally, will this affect licensing?  A license was purchased when the server had CentOS5, will it be different if I change the OS?

Thanks in advance!

4 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough [Adaptavist] Community Leader Jun 19, 2015

Have a read through https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Migrating+Confluence+Between+Servers 

You should find most of it to be a doddle though, as you're sticking with Linux based things.

0 votes
Renato Rudnicki Atlassian Team Jun 22, 2015

Hi Minuk, 

Just answering your question about license. 

The Server ID is related to your hardware and this is generated on the installation process. Basically, if you don't change this ID, your Confluence still run fine. However, the correct would be you generate a new license with the correct server ID. Please take a look on this link:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=321848669

Regards, 

Renato Rudnicki

0 votes
Minuk Mark Choi Jun 22, 2015

Guys, thank you all for your answers!

Suggest an answer

This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

Confluence CVEs and common questions

Two vulnerabilities have been published for Confluence Server and Data Center recently: March 20, 2019 CVE-2019-3395 / CVE-2019-3396 April 17, 2019 CVE-2019-3398 The goal of this article is...

956 views 0 19
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you