Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

changing server OS?

Minuk Mark Choi June 19, 2015

I have an instance of Confluence running off a CentOS 5 OS.  I am looking to switch to Ubuntu 12.04(same HW, just an OS change). 

How would I go about doing that?  I am thinking of exporting the Space to a zip file and restoring that once the new OS is installed, but how would I go about backing up the users?  Should I just backup the DB?

Finally, will this affect licensing?  A license was purchased when the server had CentOS5, will it be different if I change the OS?

Thanks in advance!

4 answers

0 votes
Minuk Mark Choi June 22, 2015

Guys, thank you all for your answers!

0 votes
rrudnicki
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 22, 2015

Hi Minuk, 

Just answering your question about license. 

The Server ID is related to your hardware and this is generated on the installation process. Basically, if you don't change this ID, your Confluence still run fine. However, the correct would be you generate a new license with the correct server ID. Please take a look on this link:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=321848669

Regards, 

Renato Rudnicki

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 19, 2015
0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 19, 2015

Have a read through https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Migrating+Confluence+Between+Servers 

You should find most of it to be a doddle though, as you're sticking with Linux based things.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events