cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

change postgreSQL database to oracle database in confluence

SherryX
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 22, 2013

Does anyone has experience for changing postgreSQL to oracle database for confluence?

I exported .xml file in confluence with postgreSQL database and imported to the same version confluence but with empty database (oracle), the import failed with error:

Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: ORA-12899: value too large for column "CONFUSER"."ATTACHMENTS"."ATTACHMENT_COMMENT" (actual: 259, maximum: 255)

I checked the data in postgreSQL database, the comment do have 255 characters, but why it became 259 characters in Oracle?

I ran the following SQL and returned is UTF8:

SELECT pg_encoding_to_char(encoding) FROM pg_database WHERE datname = 'confluence';

The new oracle database is using UTF8 encoding.

Anyone can help? Thanks

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
MJ
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 22, 2013

It is possible that certain special characters in the comment take up more than 1 value, causing the total value to go over the maximum of 255. Please have a look at this page to see if it contains any useful information for you.

0 votes
SherryX
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 29, 2013

Thanks, Mick. The cause of the problem is more than that, some of the special characters have to be changed OR the value of the comment fields need to be shorten.

Hope this information help others.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events