• Community
  • Products
  • Confluence
  • Questions
  • can you use @mention for a group to automatically populate all members of the group into the page?Can you do the same for managing watchers (add by group instead of individual)?

can you use @mention for a group to automatically populate all members of the group into the page?Can you do the same for managing watchers (add by group instead of individual)?

dawn lezama-bourque June 17, 2016

2 answers

0 votes
Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 19, 2016

I agree it would be a great feature for Site Administrators.

However, provided that only Site Administrators can actually see the list of users who belong to a certain group, allowing normal users to add groups in mentions or watchers would create lots of undesired notifications, and other users would have genuine complaints for being spammed that way.

The question is: Should normal users be able to see the names of other users belonging to the same group?

As there might be reasons for and against it, it should be controlled through global permissions.

So, in my opinion, that global permission should be added before the feature suggested.

I agree having both features in place would be great! smile

0 votes
Alice June 17, 2016

I would love both of these features. But at the moment the answer is no to both questions. Pretty inefficient, if you ask me!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events