can you use a plugin thats out of support?

If we purchase a new addon with 12 months support and decide not to renew the support.

Can we continue to use the addon outside of the support?

(We are thinking about purchasing the Graphviz addon.)

2 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

I'm not a licensing expert, but I would assume that the behaviour is specific to the add-on. The license API allows to check for license constraints and let the components of the add-on react.

A license is invalid if the plugin's build date is greater than or equal to the license's maintenance expiration date. That is, if the license says that support is only available through 1/1/2012, then an existing installation of a plugin version with a build date of 1/1/2011 will continue working indefinitely, but if you install a new version built on 1/2/2012 or later it will not work with the old license.

https://developer.atlassian.com/market/add-on-licensing-for-developers/license-validation-rules

I'd like to suggest to ask the vendor of the add-on for details.

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Martin,

No. Add-ons will require an active license.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Tuesday in Confluence

Add-on evaluation with confluence templates

Atlassian market place contains number of Apps/Addons which improves the capability of out of the box Atlassian products. It is good to follow a plugin evaluation process before install add-ons. So t...

75 views 9 6
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you