Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can users add watchers to a page?

Nariman Riahi May 1, 2012

in Confluence I know administrators can add watchers. Is there a way to allow users to be able to add other watchers to a page too.

Jira does that and I am wondering if Confluence can do the same.

2 answers

1 vote
Septa Cahyadiputra
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 1, 2012

Hi there,

Yes you could if the user is the space creator/administrator or if its the user personal space. Please try the following steps

1. Click "Tools" (upper right)
  2. Choose "Manage Watchers"
  3. Add the user there

Hope it helps.

Cheers,

Septa Cahyadiputra

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 1, 2012

That still requires admin rights, isn't it?

Septa Cahyadiputra
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 1, 2012

Oh shoot missed that. Every pages, yeah only admin. Owner of the personal space and space, should be able to do this. Editing my answer to avoid any confusion.

Sorry.....

Nariman Riahi May 1, 2012

As far as I can see only an Admin user can do that.

Septa Cahyadiputra
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 1, 2012

Yup, only space admin or super users (member of confluence-administrators group)

stojadinovicpredrag June 20, 2018

I don't see "Tools" anywhere, even though I am space admin :(

I'm guessing we're using a newer version where things have changed :(

abhijeetbh September 4, 2018
michael sam September 18, 2020

that is still not a user permission, its a space administrator

0 votes
Septa Cahyadiputra
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 1, 2012

Heya,

Just create a new improvement request on this.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-25393

Please add a comment on it if necessary.

Cheers,

Septa Cahyadiputra

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events