Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't get internal links to work

Yuri Zats March 15, 2012

I can't seem to be able to link to another page#heading. Are there any limitations on naming, or any other suggestions? This is all within same space

Page Name: "Specifications {WHMG_UG}"

Heading Name: "Power Supply"

The link that I'm attempting to enter is: "Specifications {WHMG_UG}#Power Supply", right into the Advanced tab of Insert Link. As a result, the dialog shows "The markup provided is not a valid link markup". Any suggestions ?

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
SarahA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 15, 2012

Hallo yzats

The curly bracket is confusing the part of Confluence that still recognises wiki markup. :)

Have you tried escaping it with a slash, like this:

Specifications \{WHMG_UG}#Power Supply

Yuri Zats March 16, 2012

Thank you, that was it. Is there a list of safe (or unsafe) characters that wouldn't create confusion like this?

Joe Clark
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 18, 2012

This would be the closest thing we have to a canonical listing: http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Confluence+Wiki+Markup

1 vote
Joe Clark
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 15, 2012

At a guess, I'd say it's because of the curly braces in the page title - "{" and "}" are reserved in wiki markup to indicate the start and end of macro tag. Try pre-pending each of them with a back-slash, eg.

Specifications \{WHMG_UG\}#Power Supply

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events