can't add user to confluence-user group

Don Schmitt June 17, 2014

I can't add new user to confluence-user group. This seems to be due to recent changes to Confluence On-Demand. That user reports that he gets the error "You are not permitted to perform this operation." when he logs in.

1 answer

0 votes
HenriqueA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 23, 2014

Hi Don,

To add user to confluence-users group you need to belong to administrators group.

Other important thing is to check if the user have application access to confluence.

Could you please let me know which error you're receving when you try to add the user on confluence-users group?

Kind Regards,
Henrique Lechner

Don Schmitt June 23, 2014

H Henrique,

I was able ultimately able to add the new user to the confluence-user group. He was then able to log in and access Confluence.

I changed permissions on one or two groups and then was able to add the confluence-user group to this user. Sorry, I don't remember the specific permission changes.

I am one of our administrators. And the new user did have application access.

There are a number of oddities with the new management scheme. I'm able to access the site administration panel without logging in and once there, I don't see the familiar link back to our dashboard. Also Confluence Admin panel, the user and group links are duplicated.

Also, there does not seem to be a way to disable a user.

I have started looking for discussion of these issues, but have not had to time to properly post them.

Thanks,

Don

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events