Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can I use confluence cloud under my domain or sub-domain?

Hakan Guzelgoz March 30, 2016

Hi there,

I was wondering if there is a way to setup Confluence Cloud under a subdomain or domain difference from the one provided.

Can you please help me on how to setup this?

Best regards,

1 answer

1 vote
Stephen Deutsch
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 31, 2016
Hakan Guzelgoz March 31, 2016

Thank you. So in case of expanding or opening a knowledge center under a custom domain, can we do it using APIs? This would mean to re-design it?

what would be your recommendation?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 31, 2016

Not without a lot of effort in rewriting urls and proxies, or even just writing a new front-end for it and passing data over REST instead.

The recommendation at the moment is very simple - use the atlassian.net domain you chose, or migrate to Server and run the system yourself on your chosen urls.

Stephen Deutsch
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 31, 2016

One option might be to use the Instant Websites add-on for Confluence Cloud:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/instant-websites/cloud/overview

Using this, you could push your Confluence as a static website to AWS, which you could then access from your own custom domain.  I'm not sure, but it must be possible somehow even to have a link back to the original page somewhere, whereby others could still update the pages and leave comments/collaborate, if necessary.  Not sure if it will work for your use case, but you might want to give it a try.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events