Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

blog post macro and email notifications?

Tsol
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 28, 2012

Hi everybody,

i have created a page where i collect blog posts from different spaces. In this page i had added some users as watchers. The problem is that when a new blog post is created the page doesn't update. Do you have any idea how to add a functionality that sends an email to the watchers of the page when macro finds a new blog post?

Thanks,

Tsol

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Remo Siegwart
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 28, 2012

I wouldn't do this with a macro, because macros are only executed on page view. So the notifications wouldn't be sent until some user visits that page. You could write your own plugin with an EventListener Module, that listens to the BlogPostCreateEvent.

A simpler solution would be to tell them to start watching the space blogs: Browse => Advanced => Subscribe => Start watching space blogs

Hope this helps

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events