api disabled in confluence trial

I've just setup a trial of hosted confluence  and when I visit the 'Further Configuration' section, I see the below greyed out and the mouse cursor changes to an 'unclickable' cursor.

Enabling the remote APIs allows you to access Confluence remotely.
Is this a limitation of the trial? If so, is this limied also in the product itself if I host it myself (e.g starter license) ?

2 answers

API usage is not restricted/limited for OnDemand.  However, please note that we do not provide support the usage of APIs.

Best Regards,
Nursihah

I have Development licensed Confluence v 5.3.1 hosted locally and Remote API (XML-RPC & SOAP) option can be enabled or disabled. To enable it I went to General Configuration -> Feature Settings section and clicked 'Edit' button next to the section title on the right hand side. It is clickable/selectable only in Edit mode. After done editing you have to click either Save or Cancel at the bottom of the page.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Oct 11, 2018 in Confluence

What are your project planning tips?

Hello Community,  Jessica here from the Confluence product marketing team! Today I wanted to get your takes on project planning –– what works, what doesn’t, how do you know if you’re doing it r...

261 views 1 4
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you