am trying to ugrade my confluence 6.2 to 7.7

mouzakirou yaya September 11, 2020

Capture.PNG

Hello Everyone

i would like to do the upgrade to 7.7  for my confluence and  i am getting  this error

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 11, 2020

This warning is telling you that your server has been modified away from what Atlassian distribute and support

It is not an error, it is just trying to tell you that the changes you have made on the server could be destroyed by the upgrade, so you might want to look at why you made them and think about re-doing them if you need to after upgrade.

mouzakirou yaya September 17, 2020

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- 

Hello Nic,

my Server its  really migrate to another machine  like Test Machine to evaluate the upgrade   i do not make any modification 

Br

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 17, 2020

Your question stated upgrade, and the warning message you are getting comes when you are running an upgrade on an existing system.

So I am now a bit lost on what you are doing.

mouzakirou yaya September 17, 2020

yes the warning message  Comes when am running an upgrade 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 17, 2020

Yes, it will.  You have modified some of the installation, and it is telling you about it so you know you have to think through re-applying the changes to the upgraded version.

I'm not sure why you started to talk about migration.

Edit - sorry, I should have said this sooner:

The three files it is warning you about are not a huge worry. 

The third one is a database driver that you actually need for running the system.  It should stay in place during an upgrade.

The second one is a properties file you've added, presumably for configuring some extra logging.  I doubt this will be anything to worry about, as I don't think log4j has changed the way it is configured.

The first is the difficult one - it's a batch file, used by Windows when you are running confluence as a service.  The upgrade may put this file back, so you'll need to think about why you deleted it before in case you have a reason to delete it again.

0 votes
mouzakirou yaya September 11, 2020

all this files are in the right directory 

may somebody help me

thanks a lot

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events