add page from other PC in the network hangs

Dmitry Gorelov October 26, 2019

Hi,

I have a problem with my local home server of Confluence.

I have just made migration from cloud to a local server. 

License is valid, database is PostreSQL. 

Everything works when acces confluence from same PC where it is installed, using

http://localhost:8090

If access confluence from other PC in the home network, I can navigate the page tree, see all content, add comments to pages.

BUT when want to create a new Page in any location, the action does not finish, it stays like on a picture attached below.

Plesase help to resolve the issue!

2019-10-27 01_37_30-Window.png

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 28, 2019

Hello there, @Dmitry Gorelov ! I believe we have met here in the community before.

The issue we are facing is that Confluence is currently unable to load the page editor. This error is a long-time acquaintance of mine. It can be caused by a number of situations. The most common one is a mismatch of Access URL and instance Base URL. Here is a quick explanation:

1. Confluence is running with  http://localhost:8090 as base URL
  2. You access it directly from the server where it is running
  3. Everything works
  4. You try accessing it via another machine
  5. The URL is now different
  6. The editor does not load

One way to solve this is by setting the base URL as the URL from which you intend to access Confluence with. You can have a look at how to change the base URL here:

Since this is a well-documented behavior, we have a documentation page dedicated to it. You can check this page here:

I hope this sheds some light on your path, Dmitry! Looking forward to your reply.

Dmitry Gorelov October 28, 2019

Hi Diego,

Yes,

and thank you for the help again!

I changed "BaseURL" on base settings page, now it works ))

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events