You are not allowed to remove all the Administration Permissions for this space

Jacques
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 25, 2015

Hello,

Only recently we started to use Confluence. As an unexperienced user I had set the Global Space Permissions so that the group "confluence-users" has Space Export and Space Admin permissions.

I now want to remove these permissions for any newly created spaces.

When I try to do this in the global Space Admin (/admin/permissions/doeditdefaultspacepermissions.action) I get the following error:

image2015-8-26 8:0:13.png

Reading some documentation about this I had understood that I had to remove this specific security setting in each individual existing Space before I can change this global security setting.

As a Confluence Administrator I have checked all existing Spaces and have removed this Space Export and Space Admin permissions from the confluence-users group.

When trying to remove these default permissions again I get the exact same error message.

Anyone has a suggestion what I can try/do next to get these global security settings changed?

Thanks!
Jacques. 

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Jacques
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 25, 2015

I have just solved my own question!

The problem I was facing is that I only had the confluence-users group with the permission to administer spaces. I realized that I had to add the confluence-administrators group first and then remove the confluence-users group permissions!

I'll leave it up here so you don't make the same mistake I made smile 

0 votes
Monali Khadke November 15, 2016

Thank you Jacques for sharing answer.

You post saved my efforts smile.

Jacques
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 16, 2016

I'm glad it helped!  thumbs-up

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events