You are not allowed to remove all the Administration Permissions for this space

Hello,

Only recently we started to use Confluence. As an unexperienced user I had set the Global Space Permissions so that the group "confluence-users" has Space Export and Space Admin permissions.

I now want to remove these permissions for any newly created spaces.

When I try to do this in the global Space Admin (/admin/permissions/doeditdefaultspacepermissions.action) I get the following error:

image2015-8-26 8:0:13.png

Reading some documentation about this I had understood that I had to remove this specific security setting in each individual existing Space before I can change this global security setting.

As a Confluence Administrator I have checked all existing Spaces and have removed this Space Export and Space Admin permissions from the confluence-users group.

When trying to remove these default permissions again I get the exact same error message.

Anyone has a suggestion what I can try/do next to get these global security settings changed?

Thanks!
Jacques. 

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Accepted answer

I have just solved my own question!

The problem I was facing is that I only had the confluence-users group with the permission to administer spaces. I realized that I had to add the confluence-administrators group first and then remove the confluence-users group permissions!

I'll leave it up here so you don't make the same mistake I made smile 

Thank you Jacques for sharing answer.

You post saved my efforts smile.

I'm glad it helped!  thumbs-up

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Oct 24, 2018 in Confluence

Atlassian Research opportunity with Confluence templates

Do you use templates with Confluence? Take part in a remote 1-hr workshop. You'll receive USD $100 for your time!   We're looking for people to participate in a   remote 1-hr workshop...

1,567 views 26 14
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you