Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XML Backup Restore Fails

Aperia IT October 21, 2021

Running Confluence 7.13.1 on our server and restoring a backup that was created from the same 7.13.1 version. We have a MSSQL DB connected. I'm importing the ZIP file by placing it in the Restore folder on the Confluence server, and choosing to Import from the site page. At 13% it fails with the following error...

Import Failed. Check your server logs for more information. com.atlassian.confluence.importexport.ImportExportException: Unable to complete import because the data does not match the constraints in the Confluence schema. Cause: SQLServerException: Cannot insert duplicate key row in object 'dbo.user_mapping' with unique index 'user_mapping_unq_lwr_username'. The duplicate key value is ().

Does anyone know what need to be corrected to successfully import our backup file?

1 answer

0 votes
Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 21, 2021

Hi @Aperia IT Please refer this KB article that has a workaround, could you please take a look and see if that helps ?

Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 21, 2021

This one as well.

Aperia IT October 21, 2021

Thank you for the reply. I did come across these articles before posting, and should have mentioned this in my original post. The issue that I also run into is, once the import fails, confluence completely bombs out. You can no longer navigate anywhere on the site without running into Error 500 messages. If you try to stop or restart the Confluence service, you just receive an error. Because of this issue, I'm not able to follow those workaround or solution in those articles. I literally need to uninstall and reinstall Confluence and start over, which of course will wipe the DB again when I go to re-attach.

Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 21, 2021

Thanks for the details. Once your confluence instance bombs out, you will need to perform the workaround steps on the Database, and then restart confluence ? Assuming that you have already tried it once, and still the confluence restart not helping ? In that case, I would suggest raising a support case with Atlassian Support so that they can guide you further with the DB related issues.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events